Raventree Hollow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Kind Of Town

3 posters

Go down

My Kind Of Town Empty My Kind Of Town

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:53 pm

The drive to Silver Lake had been fairly uneventful. I'd only had to stop for gasoline and feeding ... the stops for the latter were more frequent than I would have liked, but I was trying to subsist on animal blood only, and it never satisfied quite like human blood. So I had to drink more, and more often. I spent my driving time listening to music and thinking about the strange human I'd encountered in Ipswich, the one who'd apparently used some magic or other power to toss me out of a window. I didn't frighten easily, but I didn't look forward to meeting him again ... which I considered extremely unlikely. I hadn't actually harmed him, so he had no reason to try to find me. As for the music ... it had taken some getting used to, 20 years ago when I'd found myself in this time, but I had quickly gained an appreciation for the art produced by this technologically advanced but also deeply troubled society.

I found a shopping area and parked my car nearby. I'd chosen a BMW, black with heavily tinted windows, for this trip. I took a few moments to look over my papers again ... I'd decided to take the guise of a 16-year-old high school student, which I could easily pass for, while I investigated this place. I knew my forgeries would be excellent, but I'd always been a little obsessive about checking and re-checking the details.

I stepped out of my car, closing the door and hitting the button on my keyring to lock the car and set the alarm. I stood quietly for a few moments, my eyes closed and my head raised, enjoying the cold breeze. I could hear thunder in the distance, which comforted me, and I could feel that a storm was coming ... somehow that gave me pleasure, although I didn't know why. I suspected it had something to do with who I'd been before I'd become what Scipio had made me, but despite my best efforts I'd only been able to regain flashes of my memories through the years. I could also feel that this type of weather was very common for this area, which explained why it would be attractive to vampires trying to live peaceably among humans.

I began walking toward the nearest entrance to the local mall ... it was adequate, but not impressive. I was wearing a loose-fitting dress; I'd managed to adjust myself to the point where I wasn't embarrassed showing my arms or shoulders, but I still tended to wear dresses of an appropriate (in my mind) length. The breeze was not working in my favor on this, however, and I found myself getting quite a bit of attention from the males I passed. I gave most of them my 'cold' gaze ... in Roman times, that look had sent many brave and strong men scurrying for cover ... but in this age, the males weren't so easily deterred. I hadn't decided if I liked that or not.

I entered the mall and walked up to the map display. I needed to buy clothing that would be appropriate for a high-school sophomore from this area, and I ran my finger down the list of clothing stores.
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

My Kind Of Town Empty Re: My Kind Of Town

Post by Gavin Varner Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:31 pm

I rarely went anywhere without Blake or Brendan.. and lately even Sophia. Somehow today I ended up at the mall completely by myself today. I was kind of on a mission. I knew that Ray and Bri were around here somewhere and on top of that there was a bookstore here full of rare books. I wanted to go in and check it out.. see if there was anything in there that would hold Sophia's interest.

I sensed the other vampire long before I ever saw her. Though I didn't purposely go looking for her. Unlike my 'family', I didn't care whether someone was good or evil because they were still one of our kind. I was more lenient that way and it caused a lot of issues with the rest of the family but that was just what I believed. We hardly ever ran across other vampires anyway so it hadn't been an issue in years.

I ended up buying myself a couple of books and followed Bri and Ray for a little bit before losing interest. I was going to leave the mall and go back home to find something else to do there when I rounded the corner and saw the other vampire that I'd sensed. She was standing in front of the display, looking over the map and let's face it.. I just couldn't resist. She was beautiful of course, but that didn't cause any surprise. I made sure no one else was looking and then ran as fast to her as I could and stopped behind her back.

"Need help finding anything?"
Gavin Varner
Gavin Varner
Admin

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:50 pm

I stopped looking down the list suddenly, and nearly pushed my finger through the glass covering the map display. I sensed another vampire ... I shouldn't have been so surprised, that was what I came to this place to find ... but my frequent run-ins with other vampires in this time had taught me to be cautious. In the Empire, my own reputation as well as the identity of my 'father' kept most other vampires from testing me ... except for the wild ones from Gaul and Germania ... but I had no such protection in this time, this place. I regained my composure immediately, and stood at the map, continuing to peruse the list of store names casually. It was likely that this was one of the vampires that I'd heard of, and this being his territory, I was the intruder ... so I'd let him make the first move.

I felt him draw closer, then felt a slight breeze as he moved to stand behind me. I lowered my hand from the map and turned slowly, trying to make my normally aloof smile a little more casual. I appraised him quickly ... he was handsome, which was no surprise, but I would have been willing to bet that he'd already been handsome before he was turned. Something about the bone structure, the nose ... I'd seen Scipio make beautiful vampires out of total trolls, but I'd always been able to tell those who were gifted with beauty even before their transformation. I looked into his eyes, and discovered the topaz color that indicated that he did not feed on humans, at least not regularly.

I tilted my head slightly.

"How kind of you to offer ... is everyone in this town so friendly?"

I held out my hand, palm down, then remembered where and when I was. I twisted my hand into a handshake position.

"Alessandra Scipio, a pleasure."
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Varner Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:01 pm

I gave a brief smirk as the female turned around and looked me over. I usually only reserved that smirk for Sophia when she thought she was being sneaky, looking me over without my shirt on but I thought I could spare one for this new girl. Like her thoughts, I agreed that she must have been beautiful, like Sophia, when she was human. There were some features you just couldn't fake. Being a vampire I had the added advantage of being able to be skeptical and picky when it came to other vampires. I wasn't a human so I wasn't fooled by beauty. I just preferred my own kind. There was nothing appealing about humans.

"The majority, yes." I chuckled and then thought of Sophia. "But there's a few who might give you a bit of friendly trouble."

My eyes flew to her hand and how she had held it. I made sure to keep my face flat and uninterested, even though I was immediately curious about why she'd done that. It would have to wait for another time though because even I knew it wasn't the right time for that. I was a bit of a careless vampire that way. I did and said whatever whenever I wanted. It was a flaw of mine, one that I hadn't been able to get over in all of these years. I was mostly let off the hook though because I was incredibly young compared to everyone else.

"Gavin Varner." I smiled and shook her hard but beautiful hand. "What brings you here, may I ask? We don't usually get a lot of new.. people.. around here." My lips twitched into a brief smirk before disappearing, "but you would be the second new one this year."
Gavin Varner
Gavin Varner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:37 pm

I caught his smirk as I looked him over. Of course, living among humans, he was used to being appraised physically ... and he was handsome, even for one of us.

I nodded, and then chuckled demurely, covering my mouth. Part of that was really me, the me I was beginning to remember being before I'd been changed ... and part of it was the careful facade I'd cultivated during my hundred years serving the Roman Empire and its true masters ... my kind, of course.

"That's good to know. Relations between our kind can be ... difficult, especially when there is a new arrival. Thank you again for your friendly greeting."

My own handshake was delicate, in contrast to the firmness of his. I wanted to be as non-threatening as possible.

I raised an eyebrow curiously.

"Really? Well ... "

I briefly considered lying, but that would be foolish ... he would find out the truth soon enough ... and he was apparently one of the very vampires I'd come here to seek out. I began speaking lowly and quickly, the way only we could, so that no one else could hear us.

"I'm enrolling in the local high school ... I'll be a sophomore. I came here because I have heard rumors of a family of vampires who do not feed on humans. I am trying the same approach myself ... with mixed success, as you can probably tell ... but I am a very curious person by nature. May I assume that you belong to this 'family'"?

I had to fight back my thoughts, my memories, as I spoke of not feeding on humans. Before I'd been transported to this time, I'd killed more humans than I could possibly begin to count. It had never bothered me, not until recently, when flashes of my memories had started to return, flashes of who I'd been before being changed.
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Varner Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:01 pm

"I think the only problem you'll have with any of us here is if you slip and feed on a human."

I decided to leave out the part where I wouldn't have cared too much but I didn't want to condone something that my family had worked so hard against. She may have been pretty and I may have liked having strangers around because it gave me something new to play with.. that still didn't give me any reason to betray my family.. the ones who'd actually given me this life in the first place.

It showed how comfortable I was in this new life of mine because when Alessandra started to talk quietly so that only we could hear, it took me by surprise. But then again, other vampires always fascinated me. I was only in my fifties - including my human age - so all of this was still interesting. Especially meeting new vampires. Sophia and now Alessandra were the only two friendly ones that I'd met since being turned (not including the family). I had to quick hide the surprised expression on my face. I hated being the 'baby' and even more so, I hated when other people found out.

"I'm a junior there right now." I gave her a small smile. "I have two brothers that are attending there too. They.."

My face contorted into an angry expression but I quick wiped that away too and decided not to comment. It was best not to let this new person find out about Bri and Ray until she started school. I didn't want to be a traitor.. again. I tensed slightly when she said that she had mixed success with not feeding on humans.

"Just.. promise you won't advertise it?" I asked her even more quietly than usual as I cast a quick glance around the mall. "We recently found out that there's a pack of werewolves only a few hours away that like to.. shop here."

I straightened up and gave her a smile. I was trying to ease the tenseness in my body even though I didn't know how well it was working. Werewolves freaked me out and having a pack so close was terrifying.

"But yes.. I'm a part of that family. Did you need a place to stay for the time being? I'm sure Heather and Graham wouldn't mind."
Gavin Varner
Gavin Varner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:14 pm

I smiled again, neutrally.

"I will do my best."

My smile warmed just a little.

"Excellent, then I can count on having at least one friend at school ... if that's not being presumptive on my part."

I was very curious at his reaction when he mentioned his brothers, but I did not inquire. New encounters could be very precarious between vampires, and I didn't want to push away the first such contact I'd made here.

"Don't worry, I am very discreet by nature, I ... "

My eyes turned black when he said 'werewolves', I snarled, and I immediately began breathing, seeing if any of those filthy vermin were nearby. We had very nearly wiped them out in Europe along with the barbarian tribes that spawned them, or so we'd thought, but we had not succeeded, as I'd discovered nine years ago. And we'd never reached these shores in my time, so we hadn't had a chance to institute our pogrom here. To say that I hated werewolves, even moreso than most of my kind did, would be a grave understatement. I couldn't smell any of them nearby, and I was trying to leash my rage, but I was having some difficulty. I quickly turned back to face the map, covering the sides of my face as if I had a headache ... none of the nearby humans had noticed yet, but if I couldn't restrain myself, my adventure in Silver Lake might be over rather quickly.
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Varner Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:32 pm

"Nah, I don't mind if you want to call me a friend. It's best we stick together right?" I gave a shrug. "Sophia will be interested to meet you, at least."

I knew that it was hard for Sophia to get along with us because she was new. Blake liked to make an extra hard effort to include her in everything but sometimes I thought that he tried too hard and ended up making her feel a little left out. With someone else new here though, I thought that might be what she needed. So long as she didn't forget about me of course.

I opened my mouth for a second to say something but stopped in my tracks when I saw her eyes go black and she snarled. Her body stiffened and she seemed like she was on the lookout for something. It took me a couple of seconds to register that it was because I'd mentioned werewolves and one lone eyebrow raised in concern. I wasn't scared of her of course, but I was worried about the humans that were in here. A vampire angry was something to be worried about and for some reason Alessandra was extra rough around the edges right now.

"Should we go somewhere else?" I asked quietly and placed a cold hand on her equally cold arm. "Somewhere more private."

I said it a little more firmly than I normally would have, to let her know that she really didn't have much say in it. I may not have liked hanging out with the humans around here and considering them equals like my brothers did but I did feel responsible for their safety when it came to others like us.

"You have nothing to worry about, Alessandra.. there's no werewolves here at the moment and we have a deal with them anyway." I smiled. "They're not friends of course but they're not enemies yet either."
Gavin Varner
Gavin Varner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:19 pm

I was slowly regaining my control, and it helped that I was wondering why I'd lost it in the first place. Sure, I hated werewolves ... understatement, again ... but to get into a frenzy when they were merely mentioned ...

I jerked my head to look down sharply when Gavin touched my arm. He didn't jerk his hand back, and I didn't feel anything unusual, which was a good sign ... I almost had myself under control, that part of my power I couldn't control when I was in the grips of the frenzy. I replied to his firm tone with my own, if a bit strained.

"I'll. Be. Fine."

I took a deep breath, checking the air one more time for the stench, and found none. When I turned around a few moments later, I was smiling again, my eyes their usual color.

"I apologize for my ... lapse. That's been happening to me lately, since ... "

I glanced away, thinking of the young human male I'd tried to kill, then who'd tried to kill me. I very casually lifted the edge of my dress away from my right breast (not exposing myself of course, just enough so that I could see), and saw a small red circle which was almost glowing. That had been one of the hits he'd gotten in with his magic ... not the most powerful, by far, but the most painful.

I cursed in Latin, frowning, then shrugged in frustration.

"I had an encounter a little while back with a human I intended to feed on ... and the hunter almost became the prey. A story for another time, perhaps. Regardless, it doesn't happen in relation to humans, or even exposed blood, it just ... I don't quite understand what he did yet, and I'm not eager to go back and ask him. It is fading, however."

I chuckled and looked at Gavin as if he'd grown an extra eye or ten when he said that his family had a deal with the werewolves. I cursed in Latin some more, but smilingly this time.

"That is ... interesting. Just please warn me when they are nearby, if your family happens to sense them or know of their coming before I do. I will have to avoid them. I have the blood of many of their kind of my hands ... I don't know if they can sense such things, but I'd rather not find out. I'm not afraid of them, but in packs they are dangerous, and my own 'family' is ... long gone, at least I have found no evidence of them. As I said, I came here out of curiosity, if you have reached an agreement with these ... vermin ... I would hate to be the one responsible for breaking it."

I put my right index finger to my lips, considering the offer he had made while I was in the midst of losing it.

"I will consider it, but I wouldn't want to impose, and I don't have the ... length of experience with not feeding on humans that your family does. I know I don't have the restraint to be close enough to a werewolf to make a treaty with it without attacking."

I half-turned back to the map, my finger rising to point at the names of several clothing stores.

"I need clothes appropriate for a sixteen-year-old-girl ... who, unlike most of the girls of this time, does not wish to dress like a street harlot. Do you think you could help me out with that?"
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Varner Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:42 pm

I dropped my hand from the girl's arm as she turned and faced me, looking completely normal again. Since she was no threat for the time being once more, I had no reason to worry. The good thing about me was that I had an ego to go along with my looks and it wasn't often I found anyone a real threat. If Alessandra wanted someone who would understand anything that was going on with her - that wasn't human related - than I was the person to talk to.

I rose an eyebrow when she pulled her dress away from her breast an inch or so and I leaned in for a closer look. My intentions were strictly out of curiousity, not because I was being a pervert. I had my moments sure, but I tried to make them few and far between. Apparently that part of my nature was brought on by women doing the same too.. and Alessandra was giving me no hints that she wanted to flirt.. and I was perfectly okay with that too.

"It looks painful. I.." I trailed off because I'd automatically thought of Una but decided not to bring her up considering the awful reaction Alessandra had to the mention of werewolves and Una was best friends with one. "Well, I know someone who might have been able to help, since she's a witch but.. well, she's friends with.."

I gave a shrug and shook my head. I figured she would catch on that I was meaning one of those werewolves we'd made the deal with. I didn't want to make her more angry than I'd already done.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help more than that. I'm.. still pretty young so I haven't seen much."

I nodded when she asked for advanced warning on any of the werewolves coming to town but I didn't think I'd actually be able to keep it. They came here to shop and gather supplies and then head back home. Until the other week they hadn't even known we were here.. and we'd been here for a year already.

"I'll try, but I can't promise anything. They don't come to patrol or anything. They just shop and go home."

I chuckled a little at her when she said that she didn't have the experience we did with not feeding. Most vampires that fed on humans tended to like being alone so I wasn't exactly sure if that was her real reason or if she just wanted to be left to do her own thing. But I couldn't help pressing a little further.

"It's really no imposition. Our house is large enough and it's easier to resist temptation when you're around others that are going through the same." I smiled. "How long have you been trying to be a.. vegetarian?"

I chuckled and then nodded to a store that was down the longest part of the mall when she asked if I could help her.

"That would be the best store. I can try to help."
Gavin Varner
Gavin Varner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:43 pm

I raised an eyebrow as Gavin leaned over while I looked at the scar that the boy had left on me ... for some reason, some small part of me in the back of my mind was saying "blasphemy" in some long-forgotten language, but the rest of me didn't mind terribly. I didn't agree with displaying my goods as openly as the women of this time did, but I was accustomed to being naked around other vampires ... Rome was, after all, Rome, even for vampires.

A look of alarm crossed my face and was gone almost immediately.

"It's not painful, just annoying. And thank you, but ... the two encounters I've had with witches have both ended extremely poorly, for myself anyway. The boy who gave me this mark was a witch of some type ... or would he be called a warlock ... ?"

I shrugged.

"Regardless, he used some form of magic, and at this point I'm not eager to be around others who do the same."

I smiled warmly at his concern, and regret that he could not do more.

"It has already grown much smaller than it was, and I'm sure it will soon fade completely. By the way ... how old are you, if you don't mind my asking?"

I nodded.

"I'll be careful when and where I go shopping then ... I can usually smell them from quite a distance, and as long as I head in the opposite direction, I'll be fine ... especially if, as you say, they conduct their business and leave quickly."

I considered his invitation again as I started walking toward the nearest store that Gavin had pointed out.

"I first heard of your ... 'vegetarian' lifestyle ten years ago, and I've been trying to emulate it on and off for the last six. It is quite difficult, and I have great respect for you and your family for being able to achieve such discipline."
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Moris Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:02 pm

Everything seemed to be falling into place. I wasn't completely sure that I wanted it to be. My life consisted of going to school and spending the rest of everyday with Gavin, Blake, Bren, and to part of my discomfort Ray and Bri. I was getting use to the humans though, especially Bri after I had learned of her love for books. The on thing that I wouldn't allow to change was living at my own house. I had yet to visit the Varner's simply because I was worried I might actually want to stay with them.

For once today I wasn't with everyone else. I was use to going shopping online to get everything I wanted, that is if I didn't want to make it myself. But for once I decided to go to the mall to find some clothes. Since the rest of my life seemed to be revolving around humans more and more, I didn't see why I shouldn't add this to the list. Besides, I had heard of a few bookstores in the mall I had yet to visit.

As I walked through the mall, I was instantly hit the scent of Gavin, a smile appeared on my face. Of course I would find him without trying, he was the one person I actually wanted to see every single day. If I had my way that it. The smile on my face shifted however when I realized the scent of another vampire. That I hadn't expected. Walking quickly, without drawing attention to myself I made my way to the two. When I realized Gavin was with a female vampire I had to bit back a growl.

"Fancy meeting you here." I smile at Gavin before nodding to the other vampire. "And he is telling the truth, that store is probably the best as far as I've found."
Sophia Moris
Sophia Moris

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Varner Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:19 pm

"Well she is a sweet girl.. so if you ever change your mind.."

I shrugged and smiled at her. I didn't mind that she didn't want to see Una. It wasn't like it was bothering me any but at least I was here to help her if she needed it. It was then that I smelled Sophia as she entered the mall. A small smile formed on my face and I had to concentrate harder on Alessandra because I was so tempted to turn around and look for Sophia. I didn't want to be rude though. I hated people like that.

"Including my human age? Fifty." I shrugged sheepishly. Being that young was so uncommon apparently and it was a little embarrassing that I was such a young vampire. The alternative, however, was a lot better than being a little embarrassed about being young. I would have been dead if Bren and Blake hadn't changed me.

"I was beaten and nearly dead when my brothers found me and instead of letting me die they turned me." I nodded when she talked about how hard our way of eating was. "It does take some getting use to but we know what it's like.. so really, if you need help.. let me know.. we're all willing to help if you need it."

I turned my head to look back when I heard Sophia's soft voice behind us. I gave her a warm smile and stepped forward and placed a small kiss on her cheek. I was happy she was here, since I figured Sophia, out of everyone, would get along with Alessandra better than anyone else.

"I have great fashion sense." I winked. "No shirts all the way." I snickered and then stepped back. "Sophia, this is Alessandra, Alessandra this is a very good friend of mine Sophia. You both are new here.. so you have something in common."
Gavin Varner
Gavin Varner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:39 pm

I nodded ... skeptically.

"I'll consider it, but like I said, the mark is almost gone. But perhaps I shouldn't judge all witches based on only two encounters. And I'll consider your other offer as well. It probably would help to be around others who are ... abstaining."

I looked over at Gavin as I noticed the scent of another vampire nearby, and saw his immediate distraction ... apparently this was someone he was close to, perhaps one of his family members.

I smiled.

"You are young. I don't remember the exact circumstances of my changing, but I know who did it, and he taught me for many years."

I laughed darkly.

"But trust me when I say, you and your family would not want me to impart any of the lessons that he gave me."

I smiled again.

"You are very kind ... again, I will carefully consider your offer."

I turned as the other vampire grew closer, and gave her the same appraising look that I'd given Gavin. I approved of her attire, which was quite tasteful ... she seemed to share my distaste for dressing like a tramp. I sensed some suspicion coming from her ... it wasn't an ability, just careful observation ... and the reason became apparent when I saw the way that she and Gavin interacted.

I gave the new arrival ... Sophia ... a friendly smile.

"Alessandra Scipio, nice to meet you."
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Moris Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:19 pm

The wonders of being a vampire meant no blushing. I changed the smile on my face into a smirk as Gavin gave me a kiss on my cheek. I didn't want to him to think I liked the attention as anything close to what it really was. It was fortunate that I was the one that could sense emotions, things were too obvious for me considering my emotions changed instantly the moment I was near Gavin.

"I'm just sad you aren't taking your own fashion advice at the moment."

I returned Gavin's wink before turning my head to face Alessandra. She was attractive as with every other vampire in the world. As a percasioun I focused for a moment on her emotions. I knew why I didn't trust her (besides my usual distrust of everyone), I was jealous. But I wanted to be sure there wasn't a possibility of another reason. My 'scan' of Alessandra brought forth nothing besides the usual emotions. I let out a sigh of relief in my own mind, she also didn't seem interested in Gavin. With a small smile on my face I held out my hand for her to shake.

"Sophia Moris. It's a pleasure."

With a millisecond glance at Gavin I turned back to Alessandra. I could tell he thought we would get along, not because of my ability, but because I actually knew him. I took all my focus not to shake my head with a sigh. The things I would do for Gavin, I just hoped he didn't realize it.

"I know you said you wanted to go shopping. I could help you, if you wanted that is."
Sophia Moris
Sophia Moris

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Varner Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:41 pm

Alessandra's story definitely interested me. Most things did when people didn't eleborate a little. I wasn't going to push her on this one though because the way she held herself and all made it clear that she was a little secretive. Being a vampire it was a little obvious why and being me I really didn't hold it against her.

"That's a story you'll have to tell me some time."

I chuckled at Sophia when she said that it was a shame I wasn't taking my own fashion advice. I glanced over her shirt and rose an eyebrow as I jabbed my finger at her.

"I will if you do."

My eyes traveled back to Alessandra when she said that I was kind. I shuddered a little to myself and stuffed my hands into my jean pockets. I hated when people said that. I didn't want to be the 'good' guy. I was just the one in the middle.

"If you say so." I nodded to the conversation of shopping then. "Right, you two shop and I'll trail along." I chuckled. "I think Alessandra would do better with your fashion advice. Or I'd have her naked by the end of it."
Gavin Varner
Gavin Varner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:04 pm

I laughed lightly at Sophia's retort ... I had been right, something was definitely going on there. I'd have to be careful not to interfere, no matter how attractive Gavin was ... I didn't want to start making enemies here, not yet, hopefully not ever ... at least among the vampires. The werewolves were a different story altogether.

I raised an eyebrow as I felt something ... 'poking' ... in my mind. I'd been around many, many vampires during my years in Rome, and I knew the feeling of someone with a mental ability poking around in my brain. I shook Sophia's hand, resisting the urge to demonstrate my own ability. I responded pleasantly, but firmly.

"A pleasure. Gavin speaks highly of you, and I hope we can become friends, especially considering that we are both relatively new arrivals here. However ... I can normally sense when one of us with a mental ability uses it on me. Since we're the only three vampires here, and I only sensed this when you arrived, I must assume that you are the source of that ability. Perhaps such things are accepted here, and as we get to know each other, and hopefully become closer, I will have no objections ... but for the time being, I would appreciate it if you would not use your ability on me, and I promise to return that respect."

I gave her a friendly and genuine smile. I had meant what I'd said. I turned back to Gavin, my smile unintentionally mysterious.

"It's a rather long story, something I haven't shared with anyone since ... but my instincts tell me that you both can be trusted, and if you're interested, I will share it with you when we have the time ... "

I chuckled.

"Which is the one thing our kind has plenty of."

I raised an eyebrow, and replied teasingly to Gavin's comment about having me naked. I could tell from his earlier reaction that Gavin was somewhat awkward about his relative youth as a vampire, and I hoped to ease his tension somewhat over that.

"No, you most certainly would not, 'youngster'."

I took Sophia's arm, watching for her reaction, as we headed into the store.

"I most definitely need your advice. I am not accustomed to dressing as a high-school student, and I do want to fit in."
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Moris Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:52 pm

"Not in public."

The teasing between Gavin and I was amusing, most of the time. Other times it was just a tease and I wanted nothing more than to just attack him in front of everyone. I licked my lips, a human habit before putting a joking smile on my face. Teasing, that's all it was. For now.

My attention was quickly caught by Alessandra when she began talking about my ability. My eyebrow rose and I glanced at Gavin before starting at Alessandra again. No one before had every been able to tell I was sensing their emotions. Considering I was always doing it, I never realized people were able to sense it when I was focused.

"I meant no offense by it." I paused for a moment before deciding what it was I wanted to tell her about my ability, which parts I would leave out. "It is a constantly thing. I can sense emotions and while I can push them into the back of my mind without truly registering them, I always feel them. Everyone's emotions here I can sense, the countless humans, yours, and Gavin's. When I first meet someone, it's a habit. I focus on them in order to recognize their emotions, everyone's has a different feel to them. Complicated to explain if you don't feel it yourself. But I will do my best to push all of your emotions aside."

I had no intention of letting Alessandra know I could alter the emotions of those around me. Make them feel anything that I wanted. I didn't trust Alessandra enough to tell her that. I didn't trust anyone enough for that, the only reason the Varner family knew it was because I had slipped when I first meet Blake and Bren.

Gavin's interest in this new vampire's past hadn't gone unnoticed to me. Everyone had a past and while I was curious, I knew I didn't want my past uncovered. So I didn't feel the need to force anyone else to explain theirs. I forced back a growl when Gavin made his comment about getting Alessandra naked. I was not enjoying this jealously that I was feeling. I put a smirk on my face and shook my head.

"Sorry Gavin, apparently you can't get anyone undress tonight."

When Alessandra grabbed my arm I pulled her arm close to me and started walked to the store. I had seen countless human girls act this way when they went shopping together. I made my smile sincere, I still didn't feel anything from her in respect to Gavin, so I had no true reason to completely distrust her. I'd continue to help her out for Gavin's sake.

"Don't worry, you'll stand out." I laughed. "It's impossible for us not to stand out, but don't worry. We'll find you the perfect outfits that make fit in as well as you can."
Sophia Moris
Sophia Moris

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Varner Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:11 pm

I snorted at the interaction between Sophia and Alessandra when Sophia was cornered about her ability. Otherwise I stayed out of it because it really wasn't any of my business and as long as Sophia didn't make me feel a certain way on purpose, I didn't mind her feeling my emotions.

"If I'm interested?" I chuckled a little. "I can promise you won't ever lose my interest there. I'm always curious about everyone. Sophia's keeping me on a hook.. I only get little pieces at a time."

I smiled over to Sophia but that smile quickly turned into a frown when she said that I wasn't going to be able to get anyone to undress today.

"That's not fair. Either of you? Huh. I'm losing my touch."

I snorted at Alessandra and shook my head when she called me a youngster. I looked constipated for a moment as I tried to think of a good comeback but my brain just wasn't coming up with anything good.

"I'll.. get back to you on that later." I huffed playfully, crossed my arms and pouted as I followed behind the two girls. But not really pouting at all, I didn't mind following them with this view. See? It was Sophia who brought this out in me. I was perfectly fine before she got here. I wondered suspiciously for a moment if she'd done this on purpose but no emotion she could give me would purposely turn me into a pervert. It was my own doing.
Gavin Varner
Gavin Varner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:46 pm

I reassured Sophia.

"You seem surprised that I was able to sense your ability ... don't be. I was trained by ... well, that's part of that long story, and some of the details you won't want to hear. If your power is constantly active, and you only sense emotion, then that is less disturbing than the other possibilities. I'm pretty straightforward, I don't tend to hide my emotions, as you'll no doubt discover. That would be a fascinating ability to possess, however."

I turned to look at Gavin.

"We women must keep some secrets ... but I think it will be good for me to finally tell my tale."

I chuckled.

"I'll be curious to see if you even believe me. And you shouldn't be self-conscious about your age ... at least you get to spend your early years surrounded by people who are sympathetic and familial."

I was a little envious of that ... my first 100 years had been work, training, slaughter, work, training, slaughter ... my master had given me little time for anything else. And some part of me had enjoyed it all the while ... I didn't judge myself for that, I was what he had made me, but I had decided to at least attempt to pursue a different sort of life.

We entered the store and looked around. I wasn't completely clueless ... I'd spent the last 20 years watching this society evolve ... but I'd never been to this region of this country before, and I wanted to make sure that, as much as possible considering my nature, I didn't stand out too much.

"So ... where should we begin?"

Elsewhere in the mall, someone opened an exterior door and was almost knocked over by the gust of wind that entered. Just as I was walking toward a wall display with some attractive sweaters, I heard thunder, loud enough to penetrate the roof and noise of the mall. Then the gust of wind found me, blowing my clothes and hair around me. I reached down immediately to hold my dress in place. The wind disappeared after only a second or two. I turned, trying to keep my smile intact and innocent.

"That was certainly strange."

He was following me. I didn't know why, and he was still far away, so I didn't have to rush. I would, however, have to re-consider some things. First, perhaps I did need to meet this witch friend of Gavin's ... maybe she could provide me with some idea of what to expect, if she could be trusted. And I would have to be prepared to intercept him outside of the 'family's' territory. I had true intentions to try to learn to live without human blood, but I would not tolerate being stalked. I would catch this boy, and this time I would not be unprepared. I had not harmed him, and he would return to his home ... or I would drain him dry.
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Moris Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:16 pm

"I have to keep you interested."

A laugh slipped through my lips as I spoke. The truth behind why I kept my past a secret had changed since I first meet Gavin. First I just didn't want anyone to know. It was my past and I spent enough years trying to live through it all, I didn't want to live through it again by telling anyone. Then, as I got closed to Gavin, I was afraid if he were to ever learn about my past, he would never be interested in me. I truly believed I wasn't good enough for him. Someone with a past like mine shouldn't be with some who is part of a family.

I held in my reaction to Alessandra's envy. It wasn't intense and it didn't last long. But I felt it for the briefest of moments. After the past month or so I was starting to understand how a person could be envious of the Varner family. I turned back to smirk at Gavin, his emotions I had no problem commenting on.

"You, my darling, are a pervert."

I winked. Once we entered the store I began to glance around quickly trying to determine what outfits would be best for Alessandra. It didn't take me long to memorize the entire store and I was already creating the different combination of clothes that she could wear.

"It all depends on what you want to wear. The nice thing about this time is everyone had their own style. Almost anything can be played off as normal with the right attitude."

My mouth opened again to mention some of the current styles when the gust of wind can through the room. Not the mention the noise. An eyebrow rose as I glanced at Gavin. She wasn't being honest with her emotions like she said. I could tell the look on her face wasn't true, she was determined about something. I nodded slowly.

"Strange seems like the correct word for it."
Sophia Moris
Sophia Moris

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandra Scipio Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:03 pm

The rest of this encounter goes fairly uneventfully ... Sophia helps Alessandra pick out some appropriate clothes, etc.

LP
Alessandra Scipio
Alessandra Scipio

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum